Select the right disinfectant for your gym equipment.
- Alcohol based disinfectant is most common and helpful disinfectant. However, please take it in mind any sanitizers or disinfectants which contain alcohol will cause rusty on your fitness equipment and damage protective screen coatings making touch screens less responsive.
- Non-alcohol based disinfectants which sounds safe for gym equipment, however, if it contains hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), bleach (sodium hypochlorite) and or ammonia, it will definitely speed up oxidization cause rusty, corrosion, discoloration and cracking (plastic parts of equipment). The valuable gym equipment is damaging.
- Fitness Core-ner’s GymDisinfectant Solution is NON-ALCOHOL BASED disinfectant with NON-CORROSIVE FORMULA which is specially for gym equipment.
The difference among cleaning, sanitizers and disinfectant
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizers reduce the number of germs on a surface.
- Disinfectants kill most of germs on a surface.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic is having an extraordinary impact on small and large businesses across our communities.
As part of our promise to be a total solutions partner, Fitness Core-ner is committed to working collaboratively with our customers during this difficult time. Since maintaining healthy environments is top of mind, we’ve assembled equipment cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for you.